Grim Oak Press serves a dual purpose, or at least that is my overall plan.
First, it is helping me relieve my medical debt from cancer treatment. That is going quite well and I think I’ll be free of it in the next month or so! At least the actual debt will be gone… not sure how much of that paid debt is tax free and how much money I still have to raise to pay Mr. Internal Revenue Service.
But second and just as important, I want Grim Oak Press to help others in the book community who have fallen on hard times due to medical misfortune.
Right now, I am helping University Bookstore bookseller Duane Wilkins. He too has a rather sizable chunk of medical debt.
With the power of this website, I hope to free him of it as well.
And then help someone else who needs it!
Here are several new auctions:
- Signed ARC: Bloodfire Quest by Terry Brooks
- Double-Signed: The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss
- Double-Signed ARC: Sandworms of Dune by Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson
- Double-Signed: 2012 A Song of Fire & Ice Calendar by George R. R. Martin & John Picacio
- Signed: Shades of Milk & Honey TPB by Mary Robinette Kowal
- Double-Signed: The Inheritance TPB by Robin Hobb & Megan Lindholm
There will be several other rounds in the weeks to come, each round featuring new items to bid on. All proceeds go toward Duane’s medical debt. You can read more about that debt HERE.
As always, thanks for your support!
And Happy New Year to all of you!