I hope this post finds you all well and reading… something great!
Now that I have finished with the initial shipping of Unfettered, I can turn to cleaning up the rest of my life and having a bit of fun. The Signed Page will have some new books put up for pre-order soon (Sanderson, Carey, Paolini, Robinson, Williams, Kate, Dashner, etc.), I have started writing again after a month break (I left off at a fight or flight scene that is kickass… unsure how I could stop there!), and I have some interviews to finish for Suvudu—but I decided to go straight to the fun!
A contest! I’ve been asked a few times from readers asking if there would be a contest. I thought about it. And thought about it. Thought about it some more. And I think I came up with a fun one—at least I think it is fun.
I want to spread the word about Unfettered. It has sold very well. I can’t complain. I printed 5000 copies and I only have about 1000 left. They are selling quick but word of mouth might lead to a 2nd printing, a printing that will feature the painting Todd Lockwood is painting right now for the limited Signed & Numbered edition (many of you who missed out on the S&N edition grumbled you wouldn’t be able to have that cover… well, you might now if that 2nd printing happens!)!
What’s the best way to spread the word? You guys, of course!
I have created a graphic that fits nice and neat into a Facebook Timeline. Here it is:
Here are the steps to enter the contest to win 1 of 5 hardcover ARCs of Unfettered (super rare at only 250 produced signed by four of us contributors) as well as 1 of 5 copies of The Dark Thorn:
- Take the image above and change your Facebook Timeline Cover to it (you can see an example on my page HERE).
- Leave the image up as your Timeline Cover for two weeks (contest ends on August 14th).
- When you have made the change, use the form below to send in your name and mailing address (all confidential).
- I will check your Facebook Timeline to confirm the promo image.
- In two weeks, I will randomly select five winners from the entries received. I will then re-visit those people’s pages to see if the image is still up. If so, they win! If not, I find another winner.
- International entries welcome, of course!
And yes, I will do something with Twitter too. Anyone have any good suggestions to help spread the word about Unfettered on Twitter? A contest idea? Let me know by using the Comments field below!
Thank you all for humoring me. I think this will be fun and will help spread the word! Plus, I like giving away books. Tis fun!
I hope you all are well! And reading something great!
PS: If you’ve read Unfettered and/or The Dark Thorn, definitely be sure to write them reviews on Amazon/BN/etc. That also helps spread the word. Thanks!
THE CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED