S&N Publishing: Early 2017
Not bound, as a book. Free.
Like Unfettered before it, the contributing writers of Unbound were allowed to submit the tales they wished fans of genre to read—without the constraints of a theme. It is an anthology filled with some spectacularly wonderful stories, each one as diverse as its creator.
A new Landover story from Terry Brooks. A new Dresden Files story from Jim Butcher. A not so welcoming entrance into the Citadel by Rachel Caine. A new Broken Empire story from Mark Lawrence.
Here is the Unbound line-up:
- Small Kindnesses by Joe Abercrombie
- An Unfortunate Influx of Filipians by Terry Brooks
- Mr. Island by Kristen Britain
- Jury Duty by Jim Butcher
- Madwalls by Rachel Caine
- The Way Into Oblivion by Harry Connolly
- Uncharming by Delilah Dawson
- All In a Night’s Work by David Anthony Durham
- Son of Crimea by Jason M. Hough
- Dichotomy of Paradigms by Mary Robinette Kowal
- A Good Name by Mark Lawrence
- River and Echo by John Marco
- Seven Tongues by Tim Marquitz
- The Siege of Tilpur by Brian McClellan
- Fiber by Seanan McGuire
- Stories Are Gods by Peter Orullian
- Heart’s Desire by Kat Richardson
- The Hall of the Diamond Queen by Anthony Ryan
- The Dead’s Revenant by Shawn Speakman
- The Farmboy Prince by Brian Staveley
- The Game by Michael J. Sullivan
- The Ethical Heresy by Sam Sykes
- The Rat by Mazarkis Williams
Todd Lockwood contributed the cover artwork and Stacie Pitt contributed the interior artwork.
There are four editions of Unbound:
- Hardcover ARC — Limited to 250 copies. This edition of Unbound will be the anthology without the finished Todd Lockwood artwork, featuring a black and white dust jacket. It will not be numbered or signed although if I have time, as editor and contributor, I will sign as many copies as I can. This edition will also publish several months before the final trade hardcover, giving readers an early look at the anthology.
- Signed & Numbered Edition — Limited to 500 copies. This edition of Unbound will be signed and numbered by all of the contributors and Todd Lockwood and will be leather-bound featuring a leather slip case, a ribbon, and perhaps an additional story from me. You will be given the same number as your Unfettered S&N edition and buying the S&N edition of Unbound gives you the right to the same number in the S&N edition of Unfettered II! Note: Put another way, whoever owns the S&N edition of Unbound gets first right to purchase the same number in the S&N edition of Unfettered II.
- Trade Hardcover — This edition of Unbound will be printed with the highest quality materials and have a several thousand copy print run.
- Ebook — This edition of Unbound will be the entirety of the book for all ebook platforms. Those who order the Signed & Numbered edition or the trade hardcover in March 2015 will receive the ebook free through email.
NOTE: If you order two or more books on the same receipt, the books will ship together (ie. when the last book is ready to ship). Therefore, do not order an ARC on the same receipt as a Trade Hardcover unless you are willing to wait for the ARC when the Trade Hardcover publishes later.