Hello Grim Oak Community!
Wanted to share some exciting information on our projects as we get good news from our printer, and artist and author contributions continue to roll in. If you have any questions, please feel free to visit our Project Statuses page or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Elfstones of Shannara
- Fantastic news here folks! Elfstones has officially printed and is in transit to our warehouse. Depending on how quickly the carrier can navigate our winter weather, we could receive shipment the first part of next week. However, Shawn and I are both attending Emerald City Comic Con from Wednesday through Sunday so the fulfillment of orders will not begin until the week of March 5th. Still great to see some solid progress on that front.
The Wishsong of Shannara
- The final book of the Shannara Trilogy is moving along at a nice pace. Marc Simonetti completed our cover art, while Shawn is working on some of the design elements. Interior work is scheduled to start in April as Marc is currently creating interior illustrations for Terry Brooks' new book, Street Freaks (more info on that coming!). We are targeting an early summer publication for The Wishsong of Shannara.
- This one is almost wrapped up. Signature pages currently sit with Seanan McGuire and she should be complete by Emerald City Comic Con. The last two authors we need signatures from are Jim Butcher and Todd Lockwood. We still believe those will move fast and we can publish this in early summer. Thank you so much for your patience on this. It has taken much longer than we anticipated, but the end product will be worth the wait!
- Slow and steady is the case on the signature pages for Unfettered II. Progress is being made as authors Bradley P. Beaulieu, Naomi Novik, Sarah Beth Durst, David Farland, Anthony Ryan, Charlaine Harris, Mark Lawrence, Erin Lindsey, and Janny Wurts have completed signing with Aidan Moher, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine, Peter Orullian, John A. Pitts, Brandon Sanderson, Scott Sigler, Michael J. Sullivan, Seanan McGuire, and Django Wexler still to come. Again, we appreciate your patience as anthologies tend to be the most difficult to predict a completion date due to the time it takes to wrangle up busy authors. Unfettered II limited editions will most likely publish at the end of the year or into early 2019.
Lord Foul's Bane
- This is a project that Shawn and I are very proud to take on. Stephen R. Donaldson has been a powerhouse in the SF&F world for decades. The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant is one of my favorite trilogies and is getting the Grim Oak treatment! We have our artist in mind, but we need to get a commitment to do our cover and interior illustrations. Presale on Lord Foul's Bane will be in early April. Securing a lettered or limited edition of this title also guarantees you right of first refusal for the rest of the trilogy.
Magician & Daughter of the Empire
- Don Maitz is currently working on Faerie Tale art and once completed his attention will turn to Magician. Having Don will bring a symmetry to the artwork for The Riftwar Saga by Raymond E. Feist, including utilizing some original covers and the creation of brand new interiors. Janny Wurts will be re-envisioning all new covers and interiors for The Empire Trilogy, beginning with Daughter of the Empire. Congratulations to those that secured a lettered or limited edition as the presale for book one in both series will happen in May.
As you can tell, very busy times here at Grim Oak Press. We hope you continue to love our collector editions as much as we love creating them! We will look to give monthly status updates for complete transparency with our customers. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for continuing information and content!