Hi Grim Oakers,
Since we are in between Grim Oak Podcasts, I figured I'd update you on a few warehouse items and project statuses.
First, Becky will be on vacation beginning Friday, April 1st through April 11th. No, this is not an April Fool's joke. It's spring break for her kiddos and the Lawson family is taking a much-needed trip to sunshine and pool weather. She deserves it. I'll still be around to answer some email questions but the warehouse will be closed during that time.
Now, on to other news. I'll bullet-point it because I think it makes for an easier read:
- Becky has finished shipping Queen of Sorcery by David Eddings.
- Allen Morris has turned in artwork for The Power That Preserves and I'll begin my omega read this week to wrap that project up. Episode II of The Grim Oak Podcast will feature Allen, his artwork, a Q&A, and the pre-order date reveal for the book. Free sign up for Episode II HERE. We are in the process of acquiring rights to the Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.
- Allen Morris has begun work on Magician's Gambit by David Eddings. He will just keep working on the Belgariad until it is completed. We plan on shipping the final three books and slipcase at the same time. More details on that later.
- Last week, we received copies of Prince of Thorns by Mark Lawrence as well as The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett. Becky has already begun shipping Prince of Thorns but her vacation will interrupt that. The Warded Man will ship after Prince of Thorns.
- The limited edition signature page for Prince of Thorns has a minor defect we cannot fix. The pages were mis-cut and it was missed at the bindery, resulting in a slim, French manicure-like white line on the page's right hand edge. Becky and I have decided to ship rather than send back and delay because it is kind of neat looking.
- The Lettered Editions of The Warded Man have a serious issue though. A glob of glue on the front endpapers of all books resulted in torn endpapers. Becky has already sent them back to be bound again and fixed. More on that when we hear from the bindery.
- We expect copies of A Darkness at Sethanon by Raymond E. Feist sometime in late April. They will ship after The Warded Man has shipped. We are in the process of acquiring rights to Prince of the Blood.
- Tailchaser's Song is wrapped, has been printed, and is now at the bindery.
- The Dragonbone Chair is already at the printer.
- Unfettered III is almost finished. Just two signatures left!
That's about all that I have right now. If you have any questions about this, do let me know. I'm always available.
Publisher & Creative Director